How on earth can I log an exponential graph on excel?

alramsey

Hello guys,

I am currently doing my physics IAs and i am stuck at processing the graphs. I have performed the experiments and have generated several graphs, which are all exponential. Now, how can I turn that exponential line into a straight line on excel? I know I have to log it, but i am not sure how to do it. I've tried changing the scale of the graph to logarithmic scale and converting the data one by one with =ln(), but both methods failed to give me a proper straight-line-with-proper-axes-and-proper-linear-trendline graph.

Anyone has experience in this? Can you tell me how to do it on excel, if not, on other applications?

I really need your help, my IA final draft is due in 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance!

sorry, do you want to plot a linear graph or an exponential graph? :S

what you do is tabulate the data on excel, select it and create a graph, choose scatter graph. then you'll see the data points. look for menu Format, select Trendline. add a trendline. right click on the line on the graph, choose Format Trendline and choose Exponential. tick show equation and R^2 value if you like.