Length of article for Economics IA.

There are schools that have limitations to meet, like maximum or minimum.

If your school doesn't have these limitations, then it's up to you.

Of course not too extreme.

For me, I will not choose neither too short or too long.

Choose articles mostly according to its content rather than the length.

Articles with sufficient data will be enough for you to write the commentary.

You can also look through the websites below:

Hope it helps! :)

There are schools that have limitations to meet, like maximum or minimum.

If your school doesn't have these limitations, then it's up to you.

Of course not too extreme.

For me, I will not choose neither too short or too long.

Choose articles mostly according to its content rather than the length.

Articles with sufficient data will be enough for you to write the commentary.

You can also look through the websites below:

Hope it helps! :)

thank you soo much :)

and also, I know you need to cover a minimum of three topics in all four commentaries but is it ok to mention more than one topic in one commentary.

For example, talk about protectionism, tariffs and subsidies (international) but also talk about subsidies from a microeconomic perspective in the same commentary ?

This is the first time my school has done IB, so my teacher isn't quite certain on little things like this.

I doubt that the length of the article matters. My first two commentaries were around 600 words while the 2 last were above 1500. Don't choose an article based on its length but on the content. You might find one which has A LOT to talk about and evaluate but it is only 400 words. It doesn't matter as long as your commentary is within the word limit (650-750). Personally I got 19/20 in my Economics IA (my teacher did not want to give 20/20 because she was afraid that the examiner would be stupid enough to downgrade me) and as I told you the length of the articles had no effect on my performance (even though the longer articles were tiring and needed extensive planning)

Choose wise :)

well one must be smart enough to pick articles that are not too short but not too long either. 300 words is obviously too short, but it doesn't mean it doesn't contain any important information. it may, and who knows if there are actually a lot of things you can talk about, just it is very concise and straightforward, so you can actually use that article.

long article may be suitable too in a way, if it doesn't contain too much economical information.

the recommended length would be as long as articles that appear in HL exam paper 3 or SL exam paper 2, or a bit longer.