Universities and I.B

Stephanie

Guest Soiboist

Depends on the country, the university and the student. Generally the IB is well-received by universities I would say, and most IB students continue onto higher education, but you will have to be more specific about your situation if you want better replies.

Depends on the country, the university and the student. Generally the IB is well-received by universities I would say, and most IB students continue onto higher education, but you will have to be more specific about your situation if you want better replies.

Okaay, say your getting 90% and up, and you live in Canada, and you want to attend school in the U.S.

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Red XII

At US schools, the acceptance rate for IB Diploma students is generally dramatically higher than the overall acceptance rate.

Duke's was about 40% for IB students in 2010.

UMich was about 80% in 2010, but that's strongly skewed because it receives a large number of extremely well-qualified IB applicants from an in-state IB school that would have a strong chance of admission even without the IB.

Strong applications are made stronger with IB.

Weak applications will usually not be saved by IB.

• Like 1