I need more brains :D

MinaDoan

I just started IB this year and it is just not what I thought. I am seriously considering taking the IB certificates instead of diploma and I need your advices because my parents just told me...do what you feel like. :bawling:

Firstly, I am doing the subjects that I find no interest at because the ones I like happened to be on the same time. Then, the maths thing starts to buzz the hell out of me. I think if I continue to waste time struggling then next term I will definitely fail my maths exam. Btw, i am doing it HL.

So I think that if I do certificates, I can do subejcts that I "love" and have more "energy" dealing with the workload in yr 12. Moreover, if I screw up IB, I can still get the ACT certificate (its like HSC) and go to the top uni. However, the IB diploma provide so many...benefits TT and I cant see what the certificate can give us (i am blind i know)?? Should I choose the certificate and drop diploma? Please help.

Just to help you below is my subjects selection:

Maths HL - IB

Economic HL - IB

Chemistry HL - IB

Physic (planning to drop and take Business Studies)

French (planning to drop and take Chinese ..and don't think I am Chinese :blush: )

English (my school does not offer self-studied so I already feel some ..little pressure as this is my second language)

I just started IB this year and it is just not what I thought. I am seriously considering taking the IB certificates instead of diploma and I need your advices because my parents just told me...do what you feel like. :bawling:

Firstly, I am doing the subjects that I find no interest at because the ones I like happened to be on the same time. Then, the maths thing starts to buzz the hell out of me. I think if I continue to waste time struggling then next term I will definitely fail my maths exam. Btw, i am doing it HL.

So I think that if I do certificates, I can do subejcts that I "love" and have more "energy" dealing with the workload in yr 12. Moreover, if I screw up IB, I can still get the ACT certificate (its like HSC) and go to the top uni. However, the IB diploma provide so many...benefits TT and I cant see what the certificate can give us (i am blind i know)?? Should I choose the certificate and drop diploma? Please help.

Just to help you below is my subjects selection:

Maths HL - IB

Economic HL - IB

Chemistry HL - IB

Physic (planning to drop and take Business Studies)

French (planning to drop and take Chinese ..and don't think I am Chinese :blush: )

English (my school does not offer self-studied so I already feel some ..little pressure as this is my second language)

soo i guess i'm going to be a bit harsh on you. sorry in advanced.

i'm going to advise you to stay diploma, but alter your subjects if you don't like them. always put in your head, if you keep referring to these subjects that you don't like them then you will screw up. i don't think you should switch your subjects to ones you like, because that isn't practical. you would need to change them to subjects that will benefit you.

you are already half way through your IB. don't go around changing a lot of subjects cause that would end up in you having to self teach yourself two different subjects.

you can still hang on, and do it if you put your mind to it. you still have time. don't procrastinate! and work hard.

sorry

good luck

• Like 1