Anticipating Chemistry?

Vanessa Tsui

• 4 weeks later...

I think you should definitely repeat the course.

The whole point of anticipating a subject is to 1) do well in it so you can put it behind you 2) relieve your workload in IB2. If you get a 4/5 in your final exam then I recommend resitting. At our school, maths was the only subject that people could anticipate in. The people who got a 6/5 instead of a 7 all resat their exams.

However, you have to ask yourself - do you think taking it for another year will help you? What are you struggling with the most? If you find chemistry relatively difficult, I would urge you against taking it at HL. In comparison between the two, HL is a lot harder than SL. There are more material to cover and more to understand.

What about resitting SL Chemistry? An extra year of learning may help you to raise your score. But like I said before, it all depends on your interest towards the subjects.

:D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Soiboist

Are you going to study something related to Chemistry? If so, you might ask universities that you could possibly see yourself going to what they think about the issue.