All about extended essay in Biology

Guest narcise

Guest narcise

hi, ib people!

so i chose biology for my ee subject and i have to choose the theme until the beginning of march.

generally speaking, is it hard to get an A for an extended essay in biology?

ooh, and how do i know if my topic isn't too general or isn't something that is included in study books/widely known/boring/ irrelevant etc? :P

i mean do i really have to come up with something *toootally* original that nobody has done before to get an A? :(

and by the way, anyone who has written an ee in biology - was it hard to write 4000 words? like, was it harder to cut down the number of words because the limit or was it like every single word was a struggle?

share, people :P

Guest PollyPeptide

I'm probably (I say probably because of the chance that it might not work out) writing mine in Biology as well. It is generally considered harder to get an A in the Sciences than for example English or History. At least most people I've spoken to think so. But I'd rather choose something interest me, even if it means a bit more work.

It's probaly not possible to do something entirely original since you do have limitations in a school lab. They wouldn't expect you to come up with something completely new, because that'd be real research and not a school assignment. It'd be too much to ask for if students had to come up with something that no one has done before, with limited time and resources. I think it just has to show that you've put down some energy and thought into the topic, and not just copied an experiment from a book or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes but see, here the problem is the 'AFAIK' :) . You can't know about other schools / elsewhere in the world. For example, in the other topic "Pure Math EE" someone said that he saw quite a simple Math EE receive an A. :)

And looking at the amount of poor grades in math, I don't believe it's only "math" people who do it.