"Literature" and "Language and Literature"?

Guest B.E.P.

Today we had a seminar concerning the IB program (for the sophomores). The IB coordinator stated that A1 and A2 classes are cancelled and replaced with "Literature" and "Language and Literature."

Can someone please explain to me this? I feel confused. ;)

Yes... the IB students who start this fall no longer have the option of A1 and A2. Instead, A1 will have two branches, the literature and "language and literature". A2 will no longer exist. As far as I know, the "literature" branch should be similar to the A1 course now. The "language and literature" should be more about reading essays, writing essays, creative writing, etc. That is my understand. But, the people who are in A1 and A2 no and have exams either in May 2011, or May 2012 will remain in their classes. It is only the students having exams in May 2013 and onwards.

Wait will it be like "Literature HL/SL" and "Language and Literature HL/SL" or is the literature aspect of the A1 course the HL course?

Also, what are the requirements of each course?

Why didn't you ask that to your IB coordinator during the seminar, seriously???

This change is really new and I am sure that most of us are not familiar with this change, especially our 'experts' who are not in IB anymore so they are not following this update, thus we can't tell you much about this.

In 2011, for first examinations in 2013, two new subjects will be offered in group 1; Language and literature, and Literature and performance. The latter is a subject meeting the group 1 and 6 requirements.

http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/group1/

That's all I can find for now, sorry. I will try to find some time to ask my IBC about this. If I hear anything I would let you know.

Why didn't you ask that to your IB coordinator during the seminar, seriously???

This change is really new and I am sure that most of us are not familiar with this change, especially our 'experts' who are not in IB anymore so they are not following this update, thus we can't tell you much about this.

In 2011, for first examinations in 2013, two new subjects will be offered in group 1; Language and literature, and Literature and performance. The latter is a subject meeting the group 1 and 6 requirements.

http://www.ibo.org/diploma/curriculum/group1/

That's all I can find for now, sorry. I will try to find some time to ask my IBC about this. If I hear anything I would let you know.

The seminar went past the time limit set and she didn't take any questions.

Plus, she told us she doesn't want any of us "pre-IBers" to bug her until the EE, World Lit, etc. are all done (she said January 30 or February 7)

I can always ask her on February 7 or something, but I'm REALLY curious ;)