Physics & Architecture?

M39

Hi I want to major in architecture but I have not taken physics since year 9 and I am currently not taking it in Ib

how essential is it to architecture? And do universities require it beforehand or can it be taught in uni?

Edited by M39

Where do you want to go to uni?

In Australia, to become a professional architect you usually need a bachelor in design studies (Arch) (3 years) and a master in architecture to be recognised. The prerequisites to enter as undergraduates are State 1 mathematics (I think would match maths SL), basic freehand drawing ability, computing skills... it varies among the unis... but generally high-ranked unis are likely to require more subjects at high-school level. This is only in Aus.

Where do you want to go to uni?

In Australia, to become a professional architect you usually need a bachelor in design studies (Arch) (3 years) and a master in architecture to be recognised. The prerequisites to enter as undergraduates are State 1 mathematics (I think would match maths SL), basic freehand drawing ability, computing skills... it varies among the unis... but generally high-ranked unis are likely to require more subjects at high-school level. This is only in Aus.

I would like to study in the UK hopefully either Cardiff, UCL, Sheffield and my subjects in IB are

English HL

Art HL

History HL

Arabic SL

Biology SL

Mathematics SL

and so I was wondering if physics is required to apply for architecture?