What subjects should I pick?

Nooth

I don't think taking 2 languages A1 is possible, but I am sure taking 2 languages A2 or B is possible. Lang A1 is hard btw so twice the challenge isn't really worth it. Imagine reading more than 20 books in 2 years..

@qliphoth93 if you look at his list of available subjects once more, his group 6 can only be Theatre, group 2 or group 4 so apparently he can't take both History and Psychology.

I am thinking of studying Comp Science too but still unsure of that. FYI you'll need Math HL and Physics HL for that if I remember correctly.

I was also thinking of taking 4 HL. My HL subjects were English B (a must), Math (my best subject), Physics (uni prerequisite) and Chemistry (I liked it). I was recommended to choose Physics over Chem but I just couldn't make up my mind so I ended up TRYING OUT 4 HL. After a month or so, I noticed quite a huge gap in IB Chem from IGCSE, I couldn't take it anymore and made up my mind: I should just take Chem SL.

The same thing can just happen to you, if you are interested in 4 HL. Well if the school lets you change levels.

Taking 4 HL isn't really worth it unless the 4 subjects are uni prerequisites. It might be extra stress instead or extra burden. You probably can score better in the 4th subject SL than HL, leading to a greater total IB points.

Physics is quite crazy in my class. Some people are lucky enough to pass, some people aren't. The grade boundaries are quite low btw, to score a 7 you need to score around 68% so that should be a quite easy 7 actually :yes:

Lol about your friend. If she's equally fluent in English and Indonesian and she's predicted a 6 in English B then I feel pretty bad for her, she must not speak very good Indonesian either.

I took four HLs and switched to 7 subjects, and for me it *was* worth it. I would have taken physics HL if my school had offered it.. Your IB total points aren't the most important thing, and if you start building your IB program around what you need to get into university you should probably not be taking the IB in the first place. It's a program designed to actually teach you important and relevant things, to get you to a level of knowledge in most subjects at HL that allows you to understand a little bit abut industry and real-life processes. It's not supposed to be about maximizing your points and minimizing your work.

There's nothing preventing anyone from taking two A1s, in fact, it's a perfectly good choice in this case. More than 20 books in two years? Are you kidding? Do you seriously think that it takes, on average, more than 18 days to read a single book? Granted I want to be a writer but I know other people who read roughly 10 books a month and it doesn't kill them.

So Nooth do what you want, it's your choice, but if you want to salvage some self-respect go for English A1, at SL if you want - move the third language up if necessary. Just don't take a language you're fluent in at A2 ...

Well, why not do Swedish A2 and get good grades in it, instead of just being decent in a third language HL? Most of us will be doing our native tounge at A1/2.

Doesn't look like I can do do two languages A1 at my school, I'll probably ask the IB coordinator about it. How big is the leap between A1-A2, and how would it reflect in my final score?

And I'm very well aware of what the IB is about.

Thank you.