IB Design Lab

Nivera Mist

I can't think of design for an IB Bio lab. Here is our objective:

"Design, conduct, and analyze an experiment that tests the behavior (taxis or kinesis) of an insect."

We must find out the following about our insect:

Habitat and Distribution

Lifecycle

Anatomy

Diet

Predators

Classification

Interesting Behaviors

Impact on environment

Help me please? It's hard with so little information about what we are supposed to design :)

Find an insect you like.

Really this sounds like a lab that would take at least a month if not longer for some insects...seems like you actually need to find some insects, put em in a few different environments, put a mixed diet in (like 5 different piles of whatever and see what they eat the most).

I feel like this is more of a research paper though instead of a lab, is the lab supposed to answer those questions about its habitat and lifecycle etc. etc? We aren't doing anything with insects so I'm not sure what taxis/kinesis is in particular but I'm assuming it has something to do with how they react to the altering of certain environmental alterations, in which case I'd set up similar environments but change 1 thing in each (such as temperature, type of ground like sand or dirt or leaves or whatever, diet, moisture levels, theres a lot you can change).