How to get ready for Y5?

hi22

I'm going into my first year of the IB in about 2 months and I'm kind of nervous! Does anyone have any tips on how to manage the IB

or any advice so that I can mentally prepare myself for it? :-) Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going into my first year of the IB in about 2 months and I'm kind of nervous! Does anyone have any tips on how to manage the IB

or any advice so that I can mentally prepare myself for it? :-) Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Y5 = More commonly called IB1 around here, if anyone asks. (:

Uhm! Be organised, don't procrastinate, and try to get things done early. If you know what subjects you want to take/are going to take, then it'd be a good idea to read up ahead before school opens (case in point: Language A1 texts). :~D The extra time you get from being ahead will let you deal with IAs a lot better.

Oh yeah! Start thinking about what you want to do for EE, and see if TOK agrees with you. (:

As long as you put effort in it, you'll be fine. Good luck and have fun!

• Like 1

The first year isn't stressful unless you make it stressful :( Meet deadlines, make notes, stay on top of things and you'll be absolutely fine! Don't procrastinate on your EE though, if your school sets deadlines, meet them, because it makes it so much easier than trying the write the whole thing in one go. Don't stress too much about your topic as well because as you start doing research and writing, you'll automatically start to refine it.

• Like 1