English B Extended Essay

Thomas

For EE, must all the novels we compare be written in the target language? As in no translations?

Depends if you're doing you EE in group 1 or 2.

For group 1, one of them must be (ie, you can do a comparison of two books in which one is originally the A1 language)

For group 2 (A2, B and I think ab inito), all text must be.

For group 1:

Category 1

The essay should be based on the literature of countries where the language is spoken (i.e. all

works discussed will originally have been written in the language of the essay).

Category 2

The essay should be a comparison of at least one literary work originally written in the

language of the essay with a literary work or works originally written in a different language

to that of the essay and probably studied in translation.

For group 2:

Category 3: Literature

The essay should be an analysis of a literary type, based on a specific work or works of

literature exclusively from the target language. In the case of a comparison of texts, all texts

must originally have been written in the target language

Here is what the EE guide says: *EDIT* I'm blind, Ag quoted it already...

However, I noticed that you are doing English B anticipated. One native Swedish speaker in my class who is anticipating Swedish B SL asked about doing his EE in Swedish B, but our IB coordinator said it's not allowed as the subject is anticipated. So make sure you are allowed to write an EE in English B if you anticipate it.

Edited by deissi

• 1 month later...