Biology HL2

whattheazn

Thanks for the site!

I love our Bio class but it is hard. I've heard that the IB exam for HL Bio is hard too, though, because there are so many things to remember in depth and that you can't just memorize but have to be able to apply. So I'm kind of glad, in a way, that the class is hard because I think it will prepare us for the exam.

The difficulty of the exams varies. For example I found the May 2007 Paper 1s quite hard but when I did my real Bio HL exam in Nov, paper 1 was astoundingly easy. Then I found the May 2007 paper 2 exams really quite easy TZ2 especially, But then my real one was challenging. Tthen the May 2007 paper 3s were average as was the Nov 2007 on. So it varies from session to session, but one thing you will find is that you will be pissed off that you learnt certain things well and they didn't come up on the exam for me, this was oogensis, spermatogensis, cell respiration, recombination, the nephron, seed germaination, and the list goes on. It is quite disappointing.

Thanks for the link! Maybe they should be added to the revision links thread? I've never been very fond of wikinotes since the last time I checked it, they were an absolute mess but they seem to have improved it a bit :D

So it varies from session to session, but one thing you will find is that you will be pissed off that you learnt certain things well and they didn't come up on the exam for me, this was oogensis, spermatogensis, cell respiration, recombination, the nephron, seed germaination, and the list goes on. It is quite disappointing.

Gosh yes, that's so annoying! You basically have to hope and wish that the things you are good at will show up and things you're not good at won't show up. It usually will show up though in part B but then you can choose against those.