When did you conduct your IA?

Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Hi, our Psychology teacher has given us forms for our IA, and I have chosen a topic, researched, blah-blah-blah. But I was wondering, she had suggested (and by suggest I mean ordered) that we conduct the experiment at school, but isn't giving us class time to do it. Also, considering people aren't really at school before or after school, and I'm generally doing something during these times, how would you suggest I do it? When did you do your IA?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aamcfarla

Our teacher gave us class time to do ours since we were not allowed to use outside subjects. She did not let everyone do their IAs at the same time, but had a two week period where a group could sign up and they could use that time to conduct their experiement

We started to do our IA at the beginning of the second year and basically, most of the class time went to IA for a month or two. We spent a lot of class time going through how to do it, how to write the report, planning the experiment and etc. By the time when most people where doing the experiment, we were free from class but most of us came anyway since we planned our time there and also discussed with our teacher questions and problems that we had. We (my group) did the experiment during schooltime but not during our psychology class time but when the participants were available :P . We managed to find time slots when we had a long break but had to once skip a class (with permission)

Edited by Afterglow

• 2 weeks later...

it depends on the type of study that you are doing. usually its a questionnaire of some sort, try and make it quick so volunteers are more willing (but this might effect your sampling methods etc) ....

we didnt get lesson time to do it either but managed to carry it out during free lessons .... perhaps ask people during lunch breaks? .... thats what alot of people did ....... youll have lots of people so its easier to go through them all .... good luck :S

• 1 month later...

Wow my psychology teacher is very lax with the IA.

Our entire class was divided up into pairs, and we all did the Stroop Effect. Each pair selected a different class to use as target populations, and the experiment itself was carried out on thursdays or fridays before breaks so the teachers wouldn't mind us removing their students from class.

Since then, my teacher has essentially been handholding us and telling us exactly what we need to do for each section one at a time.

Since you are limited to school hours, i don't know if your school had different lunch times for students, but it does you can look for a class that is being held during your lunch time and try to use that class as your target population.

Good Luck.