Nov 09 May 10 Title 3 Discuss the strength and limitations...

victimofIB

hey can someone give some advice on the way to go about writing title 3 in the list of topics for for may 2010

" Discuss the strengths and limitations of quantitative and qualitative data in supporting knowledge claims in the human sciences and at least one other area of knowledge."

That's a hard one :blink: I wrote a draft for that, and then the teacher said to go ahead and do number 2 I believe!

To go about that is is to talk about gathering data, instruments and the scientific method.

Adding in economics is a great way to include the other realm of knowledge where this is true, especially since economics is very fragile in certainty. So go along these lines. My original one focused too much on empirical limitations, and then it just got turned into the other topic. So shy away from too much crap about eye-to-eye limits, and look at actual examples of collecting data.

so then can technological limitations be included as a part of this?

And in the field of economics i think the economic crisis would be a good subject but would one have to quote specific numbers/ figures or is just enough to refer to the problem and then talk about the fact that no one had really predicted this?