Graphing software

flsweetheart422

I recommend geogebra. It's free, opensource and multi-platform. What more can one ask for :) ?

"GeoGebra is a free and multi-platform dynamic mathematics software for schools that joins geometry, algebra and calculus. It received several international awards including the European and German educational software awards."

http://www.geogebra.org

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'd personally recommend fung-calc. Been using it for some time now, but only for simple function graphs so can't comment on how it performs with complex and 3D stuff, but I can imagine it being good...

Seems fung-calc is Linux only actually =/ In that case, try out GraphCalc, looks pretty good from it's screenshots or Maxima.

Hope this helps, and google's your friend :P

Edited by TidusBlade

• 1 year later...

any recommendation for physics IA, to find the gradients of max and min slope?

my teacher told us that Logger Pro is good, but we never tried. however I do use Ms.Excel itself, although we do need to create the data series for the maximum and minimum lines. they do give us the equation of the line as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Graphamatica is pretty good, only used it a few times though. I don't think Loggerpro would work so well for a math class, its more of a science tool since it records points and such and has to have axis labels besides X and Y. But I'm sure you can set it up to where it'll work out pretty good. It's easy to change the window manually to whatever you want but there are no preset windows (such as the trig option in a graphing calculator). You can also insert your own lines and save them. Or just simply input some ordered pairs and see what you get and then there is a pretty decent list of lines that you can choose to fit the points.

• 9 months later...

afaik there's only one: your amazing TI calculator. not sure if all TI calculators show the equation that way but mine does (TI-Nspire) and it's the best graphing software, followed by Autograph in my opinion.

in Autograph the equations don't get converted into that kind of display but for ^2, ^3, ^4 and ^x they have a button you can use to insert ² ³ ⁴ and x when entering the function. but if you want to put other things like ^(ln5) or ^(pi) then they will appear with ^

for which IA is this?

in Autograph the equations don't get converted into that kind of display but for ^2, ^3, ^4 and ^x they have a button you can use to insert ² ³ ⁴ and x when entering the function. but if you want to put other things like ^(ln5) or ^(pi) then they will appear with ^

which button? cause it really gets confusing using autograph.

the first one, we got it back so we can correct it :/