Lucky clothes and charms in exams

Vvi

I have 3-4 pairs of lucky socks, which I wear...

I don't know if this happens to everyone else but I have to eat the same things everyday and do the same things everyday before an exam, or else I feel like I'm going to fail...

right now I'm eating Timbits, walking to school and putting the same cream on before I sleep...

does eveyone else do this? maybe it's just OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)... :)

I've noticed that if I wear green clothes from H&M (either a dress or a tank top), my exams go better on that day. English and Math have been my best exams so far. Guess I'm gonna have to be an outfit repeater and wear that green shirt tomorrow.

I have 3-4 pairs of lucky socks, which I wear...

I don't know if this happens to everyone else but I have to eat the same things everyday and do the same things everyday before an exam, or else I feel like I'm going to fail...

right now I'm eating Timbits, walking to school and putting the same cream on before I sleep...

does eveyone else do this? maybe it's just OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)... :)

lol I think it's normal to want to have a controlled procedure for high-stress situations. You can't control what's on the exams, which could possibly be a turning point in your life, but you can at least decide what to eat and wear for some hope of normalcy :D

I go NAKED!

funny guy. (scoff) :D

You know how everyone always says to dress in layers to be able to adjust to the room temperature?

Have you found yourself wanting to wear shorts and a t-shirt just so that if it is cold, you can be all "tough" and tell yourself to "suck it up"?

Does anyone know what I mean?

You know how everyone always says to dress in layers to be able to adjust to the room temperature?

Have you found yourself wanting to wear shorts and a t-shirt just so that if it is cold, you can be all "tough" and tell yourself to "suck it up"?

I definitely dress in layers for exams... but I have never felt like being "tough".

I'd much rather be comfortable while writing an exam than feel too cold.

I've never done this per ce, but I do tend to prefer to under-dress rather than overdress in external exam settings- the cold just makes me more aware and alert; when it's warm I just get plain drowsy and can't conenctrate on anything.

On the subject of lucky charms.....My mom has this alarm clock she's had since my brother was born, about 10 years now, a small Casio and I brought that into my IGCSE exams with me to help me keep track of time.That and the plastic baggie that acted as my pencil case throughout that month. But they're not really lucky charms as I see it, but rather symbols that motivate me.

In Vietnam, you avoid eating eggs before an exam because it looks like a zero. Also you avoid bananna and peanuts because the prononciation of these things in Vietnamese is the same as various words to do with failing an exam. Also eating beans is good because it's pronounced the same as "passing" (and exam). :P

Oh you know you should try wearing red. Red apparently represents energy and gives you confidence boost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

A funny topic :) So in Poland there's a tradition that you wear white shirt and black/dark blue skirt or trousers for your finals. As for lucky charms I have a small frog figure that always brings me luck and yesterday our IB coordinator gave us litttle lucky 'stones'. It was so sweet of her. :)

• 8 years later...

I wear certain bracelets and I refill and keep my favorite fountain pen in my pouch   that i find usually bring good luck to me. I also try to  keep everything out ready the night before and avoid any quarrels before leaving the house but that I think is more for keeping myself calm

• 1 year later...

Lucky clothes? Well, you know, it may sound like a joke but during one physics exam, one of the students had a hoodie with printed formulas and laws on it. A custom made hoodie with formulas and laws! This is something. The professor found it funny and let him pass the exam. He got B+ though. So, if you are interested in something like this, then see this website and get custom clothes which will bring you "luck" too.

Edited by VVomboKombo