Is this object too generic?

tewtadle

Hello, I am currently working on a draft for my TOK exhibition and have already selected a prompt and objects and while writing have been thinking about these objects. I am worried that one of my objects, being a sleeve (package)ย of golf balls that I own and use is too generic, they are mine and relate to me personally through my hobby but I am still worried. What do you guys think? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

On 4/20/2023 at 3:47 PM, tewtadle said:

Hello, I am currently working on a draft for my TOK exhibition and have already selected a prompt and objects and while writing have been thinking about these objects. I am worried that one of my objects, being a sleeve (package)ย of golf balls that I own and use is too generic, they are mine and relate to me personally through my hobby but I am still worried. What do you guys think? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hello! ๐Ÿ˜Š When it comes to your TOK exhibition, the most important thing is to make sure your chosen objects effectively connect to the TOK prompt and showcase your understanding of the themes and concepts. Personal connections can be a great way to engage with the material and make your exhibition more meaningful.

Although a sleeve of golf balls might seem generic at first glance, it can still be a valuable object for your exhibition if you're able to create a strong connection to the prompt and explore relevant TOK concepts. For example, you could discuss how the golf balls relate to the construction of knowledge, perception, or the role of sports in society. Think about how your personal experiences with golf might help you examine these concepts more deeply. To make the object more unique and engaging, consider adding a personal story or anecdote to help illustrate the points you're making. This can help you create a more compelling narrative for your exhibition and show your personal engagement with the subject matter.

Ultimately, the success of your exhibition will depend on how well you're able to connect your chosen objects to the prompt and demonstrate your understanding of TOK concepts. If you feel confident that the sleeve of golf balls can help you achieve this, don't be too concerned about it being too generic. Just make sure to discuss your choice with your TOK teacher or supervisor to ensure it aligns with the expectations and requirements of the exhibition ๐Ÿ˜„