Extended Essay on Kpop??

kamera

Hi!! 

I am currently on my first year of IB and have just started working on my extended essay.

I was wondering if the following research question : 'To what extent does the marketing strategies implemented by HYBE impact the sales and reach of ENHYPEN?' be a good topic to work on under Business Management?? As someone who has been into K-pop for years and wants to pursue marketing in the long run; I thought it would fit both my personal interests and prospects for the future. 

I would love to know your thoughts on this! Thank you! 

Edited by kamera
Change of research question

On 1/26/2023 at 4:17 PM, kamera said:

Hi!! 

I am currently on my first year of IB and have just started working on my extended essay.

I was wondering if the following research question : 'To what extent does the marketing strategies implemented by HYBE impact the sales and reach of ENHYPEN?' be a good topic to work on under Business Management?? As someone who has been into K-pop for years and wants to pursue marketing in the long run; I thought it would fit both my personal interests and prospects for the future. 

Hey there!

That sounds like a great research question for a Business Management Extended Essay. Focusing on the impact of marketing strategies implemented by a specific company (HYBE) on the sales and reach of a product (ENHYPEN) aligns well with the business management subject and can provide you the opportunity to delve into the topic and apply your knowledge.

Additionally, the topic being of personal interest to you, you are likely to put in more effort and stay motivated throughout the process.

Here are a few additional suggestions to make sure your Extended Essay in Business Management meets the IB criteria:

1. Narrow your research question: Make sure that your research question is focused and specific enough to be answered in the 4,000-word limit of the Extended Essay. Consider refining your question to focus on a specific aspect of HYBE's marketing strategies and their impact on ENHYPEN's sales and reach.
  2. Conduct research: Gather a variety of reliable sources to support your argument and make sure to use appropriate research methods to analyze your data.
  3. Use a theoretical framework: Consider using a theoretical framework, such as marketing theory or brand management, to guide your research and analysis.
  4. Evaluate and analyze sources: Evaluate the sources you've gathered and analyze the information critically and analytically, drawing connections between your sources and your research question.
  5. Use appropriate terminology: Use appropriate language and concepts from Business Management in your writing.

Just make sure to thoroughly research and provide a well-rounded analysis of the topic. Good luck!

19 hours ago, AnnaHoffman said:

Hey there!

That sounds like a great research question for a Business Management Extended Essay. Focusing on the impact of marketing strategies implemented by a specific company (HYBE) on the sales and reach of a product (ENHYPEN) aligns well with the business management subject and can provide you the opportunity to delve into the topic and apply your knowledge.

Additionally, the topic being of personal interest to you, you are likely to put in more effort and stay motivated throughout the process.

Here are a few additional suggestions to make sure your Extended Essay in Business Management meets the IB criteria:

1. Narrow your research question: Make sure that your research question is focused and specific enough to be answered in the 4,000-word limit of the Extended Essay. Consider refining your question to focus on a specific aspect of HYBE's marketing strategies and their impact on ENHYPEN's sales and reach.
  2. Conduct research: Gather a variety of reliable sources to support your argument and make sure to use appropriate research methods to analyze your data.
  3. Use a theoretical framework: Consider using a theoretical framework, such as marketing theory or brand management, to guide your research and analysis.
  4. Evaluate and analyze sources: Evaluate the sources you've gathered and analyze the information critically and analytically, drawing connections between your sources and your research question.
  5. Use appropriate terminology: Use appropriate language and concepts from Business Management in your writing.

Just make sure to thoroughly research and provide a well-rounded analysis of the topic. Good luck!

Hey!

Thank you so much!!! That is very useful advice and I will definitely look into everything you have mentioned :D Really appreciate the help!!

• Like 1

After reflecting on the very helpful advice I received, I thought maybe I should focus on how the survival show (I-LAND) impacted the reach and sales of ENHYPEN's debut. Maybe I could show that by measuring the number of people who actively participated in the voting process of the show; the number of views for the show etc., and compare that to the immediate sale values of the debut album compared to an artist or group w/o a survival show? 

I'm not sure if the comparison between a group with a survival show and without one will be appropriate though.  

What do you guys think???

Also this is still just a thought; therefore it does require some proper phrasing using the appropriate terminology.

Edited by kamera

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:11 AM, kamera said:

After reflecting on the very helpful advice I received, I thought maybe I should focus on how the survival show (I-LAND) impacted the reach and sales of ENHYPEN's debut. Maybe I could show that by measuring the number of people who actively participated in the voting process of the show; the number of views for the show etc., and compare that to the immediate sale values of the debut album compared to an artist or group w/o a survival show? 

I'm not sure if the comparison between a group with a survival show and without one will be appropriate though.  

What do you guys think???

Also this is still just a thought; therefore it does require some proper phrasing using the appropriate terminology.

Hey, I love your idea! I was also thinking about doing something kpop-related, but I decided slightly against it because of the lack of research surrounding it.

I'm wondering, did you decide to go with this idea? 

Thanks 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 4:17 PM, kamera said:

Hi!! 

Hey, your idea for your IB extended essay on how the survival show I-LAND impacted the reach and sales of ENHYPEN's debut album sounds pretty cool! It would be interesting to measure how many people actively participated in the voting process and views for the show to see how engaged people were. However, comparing the sales of ENHYPEN's album to another group without a survival show might not be fair because there are other factors that could influence the comparison, like genre and marketing. It might be better to compare ENHYPEN's sales to other groups with similar debuts. And don't forget to use proper academic language and structure! Maybe ask your super for help.