• 5 months later...

Nobody has dropped out in my school, not for the past two years, same thing goes from my old school (switched from an international school to a boarding school). One or two people have switched from the IB to the german Abitur, if that can be considered dropping out, but that was in the transition from MYP to DP, so I would not concider that dropping out.  I guess they just decided IB wasn't for them. 

• Like 1

That's interesting, I go to school at a public high school with an IB program integrated within the general school population. We started this year with 60 full IB Diplomas Candidates and now have just over 30. I wonder if the school type has anything to do with it?

1 minute ago, Grac777 said:

That's interesting, I go to school at a public high school with an IB program integrated within the general school population. We started this year with 60 full IB Diplomas Candidates and now have just over 30. I wonder if the school type has anything to do with it?

Might have something to do with the school yeah. Mine is a private boarding school so there might be a lot of pressure from parents as well. Classes are also smaller and there is one teacher for every two students. We also didn't really ever get hit with covid because it's a boarding school so that might have had a big impact. 

8 minutes ago, tewtadle said:

Might have something to do with the school yeah. Mine is a private boarding school so there might be a lot of pressure from parents as well. Classes are also smaller and there is one teacher for every two students. We also didn't really ever get hit with covid because it's a boarding school so that might have had a big impact. 

Yeah that would make sense. A lot of teachers at my school teach both normal classes an IB classes and there's only about two to four teachers for each IB subject for all four grades. We definitely got hit with COVID and the resurgence like last month too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2022 at 12:45 AM, Grac777 said:

I'm mostly just curious, has anyone else noticed that there's been a large amount of students either going partial IB or dropping out entirely? I'm wondering if it is a COVID thing or just a my high school thing.

I had a friend who had to sign papers to legally drop out of high school in order to fully leave the IB due to mental health things. It's very sad what it does to people sometimes not just because of COVID though I'm sure that didn't help.