Can my teacher refuse to give feedback on a draft IA?

Mgouv

Hi, I am in despirate need of help. 

My maths teacher has said that she set the maths IA draft deadline for the end of the school term nd has said that of we do not meet this deadline anything we hand in later is considered a final draft and she will give no feedback on what we submit. 

Is this allowed? I wasn't aware of the deadline and have also had Philospohy, Biology and ESS IA's at the same time as well as the EE draft to be handed in and the TOK exhibition AND mocks the second week back of september. 

Any feedback would mean the world to me!!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 3:34 PM, Mgouv said:

My maths teacher has said that she set the maths IA draft deadline for the end of the school term nd has said that of we do not meet this deadline anything we hand in later is considered a final draft and she will give no feedback on what we submit. 

Is this allowed? I wasn't aware of the deadline and have also had Philospohy, Biology and ESS IA's at the same time as well as the EE draft to be handed in and the TOK exhibition AND mocks the second week back of september. 

heya

as far as i know they can't give detailed feedback unless it's a comment draft, but i'm also pretty sure that they aren't required to give feedback if it isn't a comment draft

though it is perfectly fair to ask another teacher for feedback on it as long as they aren't your teacher for that class, that way they can give you detailed feedback as many times as they're willing ykwim

• Cheers! 1

On 7/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, Mgouv said:

It's partially true, if you are in good relationships with your super, you can still ask to provide at least general feedback. Otherwise, ask other teacher who can provide this sort of comments.