Jump to content

Mathematics Applications and Interpretations Internal Assessment (IA) Idea


Recommended Posts

Hi

For my Math AI Internal Assessment (IA) I am thinking of exploring the relationship between unemployment and inflation, seeing if there is any relationship like the Philips curve states. I would like to do it on this topic because I am very interested in economics. 

As for the data, I am thinking of taking the 3-5 biggest economies, or maybe just focusing on the United States economy, and taking their unemployment and inflation data since 1958, since this is when the Philips Curve was invented, until 2022. 

Does this sound like a solid idea?

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, TheEconomist101 said:

Hi

For my Math AI Internal Assessment (IA) I am thinking of exploring the relationship between unemployment and inflation, seeing if there is any relationship like the Philips curve states. I would like to do it on this topic because I am very interested in economics. 

As for the data, I am thinking of taking the 3-5 biggest economies, or maybe just focusing on the United States economy, and taking their unemployment and inflation data since 1958, since this is when the Philips Curve was invented, until 2022. 

Does this sound like a solid idea?

Thanks!

Maybe select 5 of the top countries for employment and the 5 lowest countries for employment then do all the analysis and that and comapre if there is a statistical difference between the different countries unemployment rates and inflation, because it would give you more evidence for your conclusion. Or you could use the USA as your base line and compare it to other countries. But it sounds like an amazing idea!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

 

On 7/5/2022 at 10:39 PM, Mgouv said:

Maybe select 5 of the top countries for employment and the 5 lowest countries for employment then do all the analysis and that and comapre if there is a statistical difference between the different countries unemployment rates and inflation, because it would give you more evidence for your conclusion. Or you could use the USA as your base line and compare it to other countries. But it sounds like an amazing idea!

Hi! Thanks for response. 

Do you think that choosing the 5 biggest economies in the world and using their unemployment and inflation rate and comparing them would be a good internal assessment?

Also, for your recommendation, I should take the top 5 countries with the highest employment and 5 countries with the lowest employment. And then I should compare their inflation and unemployment?

 

Thanks!

Edited by TheEconomist101
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheEconomist101 said:

Hi! Thanks for response. 

Do you think that choosing the 5 biggest economies in the world and using their unemployment and inflation rate and comparing them would be a good internal assessment?

Also, for your recommendation, I should take the top 5 countries with the highest employment and 5 countries with the lowest employment. And then I should compare their inflation and unemployment?

 

Thanks!

Yeah I think it'd be a great IA and comparing the top and bottom countries would be great as well because it you could look into the background of the countries and compare the effect this has on their society and economies 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...