IB Girls and Guys

bolan14

Here in my school even having relationships is seen as "wrong". One guy in our class was in a relationship with an A-level girl (we have both IB and A-level) and the whole school comes to know. The maids in our school are like spys and told our IB coordinator. Then she started giving us advice as to not fall into those things right now....and she even insulted that guy soo many times infront of the whole class. I have never met any student (or maybe I didn't realise) that does drugs etc. My parents still don't let me go to parties....and I'm 18.

Well our thoughts and actions have been conditionned by our culture. And since every culture is different, well, we each look upon things a different way.

Here in my school even having relationships is seen as "wrong". One guy in our class was in a relationship with an A-level girl (we have both IB and A-level) and the whole school comes to know. The maids in our school are like spys and told our IB coordinator. Then she started giving us advice as to not fall into those things right now....and she even insulted that guy soo many times infront of the whole class. I have never met any student (or maybe I didn't realise) that does drugs etc. My parents still don't let me go to parties....and I'm 18.

Well our thoughts and actions have been conditionned by our culture. And since every culture is different, well, we each look upon things a different way.

There is a major difference between looking t something differently than others and actively harassing them. The first is what makes us human, the latter is simply malicious, unneeded and frankly childish. For the teacher to actively go out of their way to INSULT a STUDENT is shocking and probably (based on location) illegal and/or against policy

Edited by C.James

There is a major difference between looking t something differently than others and actively harassing them. The first is what makes us human, the latter is simply malicious, unneeded and frankly childish. For the teacher to actively go out of their way to INSULT a STUDENT is shocking and probably (based on location) illegal and/or against policy

I know that's so wrong of her to do that to him...it's his personal life...and there's no such policy in our school. I'm definitely against her. I feel like we should have the freedom to do anything (I don't have that though) but we shouldn't fall into the wrong direction.

I know that's so wrong of her to do that to him...it's his personal life...and there's no such policy in our school. I'm definitely against her. I feel like we should have the freedom to do anything (I don't have that though) but we shouldn't fall into the wrong direction.

As long as they don't hurt anyone who hasn't consented to be involved what they do with their life is their choice; that IB coordinator has crossed a line.

• Like 1

I dont drink, smoke, have sex or anything (because of lack of time) but I agree with some people: let people do whatever they want to do, they'll be the ones loosing, I also think that everyone has their own freedoms and that they should not do everything people are doing these days. Even though sometimes I wish I was like the typical 16 year old i like my life. And if people want to screw their lives what the heck just let them. And you are right most guys are pigs who only want the girl for the sex and thats it.

oh comon, do you really think that having sex or drinking will screw your life? I think it is everyone's personal choice,I am taking the IB exams now, I am done with all the IB ****, bbut i never ever gave up all the partying. I am a smoker, which I am not proud of, but I believe its the IB what triggered my addiction, as I have know the concept of casual-stress-releasing smoking before the programme... It just helped me cope, I am so sure that this time, after the exam I will successfully quit.

However me and lots of my felloe IBers from the school plan DRINK DRINK DRINK as the first thing after the session. Yes, we do party. Yes, we do drink, smoke, casually do some drugs, mainly weed. And somehow everyone is ok in the examination room, everyone did their CAS. IAs, EEs and the rest of the ****. Some did better, some worse, but even the people I perceive as the IB prodigies partied with us. So in the end.. What's the problem, aren't we supposed to be young? I want to use my years, who knows when I will HAVE TO be as responsible as the adults? Everything you do with thought before is ok. If you don't do something excessively, than it is ok. That's my point.

[removed for space.]

oh comon, do you really think that having sex or drinking will screw your life? I think it is everyone's personal choice,I am taking the IB exams now, I am done with all the IB ****, bbut i never ever gave up all the partying. I am a smoker, which I am not proud of, but I believe its the IB what triggered my addiction, as I have know the concept of casual-stress-releasing smoking before the programme... It just helped me cope, I am so sure that this time, after the exam I will successfully quit.

However me and lots of my felloe IBers from the school plan DRINK DRINK DRINK as the first thing after the session. Yes, we do party. Yes, we do drink, smoke, casually do some drugs, mainly weed. And somehow everyone is ok in the examination room, everyone did their CAS. IAs, EEs and the rest of the ****. Some did better, some worse, but even the people I perceive as the IB prodigies partied with us. So in the end.. What's the problem, aren't we supposed to be young? I want to use my years, who knows when I will HAVE TO be as responsible as the adults? Everything you do with thought before is ok. If you don't do something excessively, than it is ok. That's my point.

I agree, most of the best IB students in my school have some party/ irresponsible traits. If anything the fact they are human and realize there is more to life may actually be why they do well.

I personally do not appreciate the broad generalizations about teenagers as a whole. Often all it takes is one bad impression to change an adults view of teenagers as a whole. Of course there will be some hardcore partiers and some hardcore bookworms. However, like everything in like, balance is needed. Party when able to but study and work when need be too.