What do I choose for IB (2022)

Reeti

Hi,

I am going to DP in a few months... Could you guys suggest if the subject choice which i have chosen would be good for someone who wants to make their future in arts or become an entrepreneur...

Subjects:
HL: Arts, Math AA, Business Management and Physics

SL: Self Taught and English A

Thanks in Advance!!! :)

• Good Luck 1

Hi! 

Your choices seem completely fine! I am also taking four 4 HL's (will start Year 2 in September) and for now it has all been fine, love your motivation.

What is it exactly that you want to do in the future? I'm asking this because Physics and Math AA are quite demanding subjects, and at HL even more. If you want to do something like Architecture, Design, Music... both are completely sensible choices. However, if you are not going to need them in any way in two years, you might want to reconsider them. Not trying to discourage you, if you still want to take them, then please go for it, but they will probably make you work more than the others. 

But, again, your choices seem completely fine. In the end, it is a matter of finding a balance between what you are interested in/need for the future and working hard. 

Hope this was somewhat helpful! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey! So I am in pre-IB rn.

Ur courses seem wonderful but just saying the Physics HL may be REALLYYY hard. Or at least das what I heard from ppl who r already doing it. 

My subjects are:

HL - Math, Economics, English, Computer Science 

SL - French, Bio

Anyways best of luck!!

• Good Luck 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2022 at 10:01 PM, omathtinez said:

Hi! 

Your choices seem completely fine! I am also taking four 4 HL's (will start Year 2 in September) and for now it has all been fine, love your motivation.

What is it exactly that you want to do in the future? I'm asking this because Physics and Math AA are quite demanding subjects, and at HL even more. If you want to do something like Architecture, Design, Music... both are completely sensible choices. However, if you are not going to need them in any way in two years, you might want to reconsider them. Not trying to discourage you, if you still want to take them, then please go for it, but they will probably make you work more than the others. 

But, again, your choices seem completely fine. In the end, it is a matter of finding a balance between what you are interested in/need for the future and working hard. 

Hope this was somewhat helpful! 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will surely keep those things in my mind. :)

Edited by NormaJones

On 6/27/2022 at 12:11 AM, Reeti said:

Hi,

I am going to DP in a few months... Could you guys suggest if the subject choice which i have chosen would be good for someone who wants to make their future in arts or become an entrepreneur...

Subjects:
HL: Arts, Math AA, Business Management and Physics

SL: Self Taught and English A

Thanks in Advance!!! :)

This is maybe a bit late but do not hesitate to drop the maths AA HL if it becomes too overwhelming. Obviously I don't know your level in math so I cannot judge. But most people I know who took AA HL regretted it and it was too late to change. 

12 hours ago, octavea2323 said:

This is maybe a bit late but do not hesitate to drop the maths AA HL if it becomes too overwhelming. Obviously I don't know your level in math so I cannot judge. But most people I know who took AA HL regretted it and it was too late to change. 

I already did that.... it was suside mission for me😂🤕