Hello all. I am a Junior in IB about to become a Senior, which means that the whole EE thing is being shoved down our throats. I chose Economics for my area of study due to a combination of interest and ease (for myself). However, I am having trouble finding a topic. My teacher wants us to do a microeconomic study because in his words "IB grades those higher". I live in Daytona, which has the famous Daytona International Speedway, so I was initially thinking to maybe analyze it's yearly economic impact on Volusia County (the county in which it's located). However, I'm having second thoughts. While the information that I can find should be fairly straightforward, I'm not sure if it would be enough to fulfill an EE. For example, I would look at the rise in tourism, some externalities like death by accidents, and all that you would expect, but I don't really have an actual question to answer. I was thinking answering a general question like "Does the Daytona International Speedway have a positive or negative effect on Volusia County", but its a subjective question depending on what I think is more important vs less important. 

I'm also having second thoughts on the whole topic by itself. I am very interested in Formula 1, and I almost switched my area of study to Mathematics because of it, but because my Math IA was so similar to what I wanted to do, I couldn't. My math teacher suggested that I merge Formula 1 and economics together, and I understand that there is a lot of economics involved within Formula 1, but I'm just really not sure if these topics are suitable for the length and girth of an EE, I guess I just need some suggestions for topics and tips on what IB wants in an EE. I've looked up samples already but none of them can really be followed as a template for what I want to do, and I don't want to write on something I'm not interested in because then this will be a waste of time for a grade. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

• Like 1