What do I need to get a level 7 in my Economics EE essay

kemi112

Hey, I really need help structuring my EE

I've been writing my EE for some time now and I think I've hit a slump on 2k words. I'm not sure what to add or not add and I feel like I'm going on a tangent. 

Could anyone give me advice on what to do

My topic is how the video streaming service will be characterized as an Oligopolistic competitive market.

Thank you!

Edited by kemi112

Hey there.

Your topic is good enough, you can try to narrow down it a bit, just to make it more specialized.

In general these are the main points to work on while writing an IB EE:

1. Make Sure You Select a Topic Which is Not Too Broad, Nor Too Narrow

2. Choose your IB EE Supervisor Wisely

3. Your Topic = Your Comfort level and is it Important

A lot of students find themselves confused and sometimes overwhelmed as well. You need to understand the fundamental importance of the essay and then keep these important three tips in mind

11 hours ago, AnnaHoffman said:

Hey there.

Your topic is good enough, you can try to narrow down it a bit, just to make it more specialized.

In general these are the main points to work on while writing an IB EE:

1. Make Sure You Select a Topic Which is Not Too Broad, Nor Too Narrow

2. Choose your IB EE Supervisor Wisely

3. Your Topic = Your Comfort level and is it Important

A lot of students find themselves confused and sometimes overwhelmed as well. You need to understand the fundamental importance of the essay and then keep these important three tips in mind

Thank you so much for replying! However, my school has already chosen our supervisors for us, and mine is the not biggest help. That's why I'm trying to find help online.

My current topic is 'To what extent is the streaming service industry characterized as an oligopoly market structure'?

do you have any ideas on ways I could narrow it down? Also, do you have any ideas on what topics you think are a must to include in my essay to give me higher marks? I did some primary research in my school and that's going well, but I'm not sure what key points I should talk about that can help me boost my marks.

Edited by kemi112

• kemi112 changed the title to What do I need to get a level 7 in my Economics EE essay
On 5/23/2022 at 11:22 PM, kemi112 said:

Thank you so much for replying! However, my school has already chosen our supervisors for us, and mine is the not biggest help. That's why I'm trying to find help online.

My current topic is 'To what extent is the streaming service industry characterized as an oligopoly market structure'?

do you have any ideas on ways I could narrow it down? Also, do you have any ideas on what topics you think are a must to include in my essay to give me higher marks? I did some primary research in my school and that's going well, but I'm not sure what key points I should talk about that can help me boost my marks.

You could narrow the question down in the following ways:

- Does the streaming industry fall under the oligopolistic market structure? 

- Why would the streaming industry be called an oligopolistic market structure? 

- What characteristics of an oligopolistic market structure does the streaming industry have?

DM me if you need further assistance.