IB DP mixed HL and SL classes in Science

tkitwood

Hi, I am wondering how to teach mixed HL and SL classes with DP Biology. 
The timetable has 7 lessons per 2-week cycle. HL students go to all 7 and SL students go to 5. Bearing in mind the SL content is required to do the more in-depth HL content I don't see how I can structure this. At some point, at the beginning of the first cycle of the year, I am going to have to teach HL content. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 7:19 AM, tkitwood said:

Hi, I am wondering how to teach mixed HL and SL classes with DP Biology. 
The timetable has 7 lessons per 2-week cycle. HL students go to all 7 and SL students go to 5. Bearing in mind the SL content is required to do the more in-depth HL content I don't see how I can structure this. At some point, at the beginning of the first cycle of the year, I am going to have to teach HL content. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

is it a must to stick to the timetable? i do hl bio but our class is just hl however my business class has both sl and hl and what my teacher does is that he makes sure we finish all the sl content for that topic so it could mean two weeks of full lessons for both then we could have 1 week when sl students don't have any lesson and its just hl content so basically be flexible with ur timetable if the school allows that i think that would be better for everyone as a student especially knowing that hl bio requires a lot of work. tho i'm not sure if this is what u mean, like r u a teacher? or r u just curious as a student?