What Subjects should i take for the IB (I am starting the course around July of 2022)

KS28

So i'm taking IB next year but i'm not sure which field to get into. For now my options are Bio, Chem, Eco/business HL and Math AA, English and Bahasa SL.

Do you guys think these options are okay?

I am so lost so it would be great if i got some opinions hahaha thank you!  

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2022 at 8:42 PM, KS28 said:

So i'm taking IB next year but i'm not sure which field to get into. For now my options are Bio, Chem, Eco/business HL and Math AA, English and Bahasa SL.

yeah it depends. you can check the uni that u interested in and find their ib req. they will mention they want what subject 😆

image.thumb.png.d5e51d5cdc6b6ed697e8b6fc8a8887fb.png

On 3/23/2022 at 10:42 PM, KS28 said:

If you're doing Bio, then pairing it with HL Chem is always pretty good. It depends on what you're interested in. If you're planning to become a med student, then HL Chem is a prerequisite and an absolute must. Personally, I'm doing Maths AA HL, Business HL, and Physics HL. I don't know if I can recommend this to everybody. I do this because for me, these subjects are very straightforward and easy to get good marks consistently (sometimes without studying too much) in. Business is quite straightforward compared to Economics. I think there's less content to cover and it's conceptual and quite logical. Only thing is that you need to know your content well for business. Otherwise, you have no hope of getting a 7. Get your content right and apply the knowledge you know to the real life case studies/thingies you see in exams. Apparently, they're changing the entire syllabus, so I don't know how it will be in a few years. Thank god we didn't have to do that CEUGIS rubbish, at least 😒

Yeah. Also, HL maths is hard for most people who haven't gotten As in maths before. So unless you know maths, don't do it. Otherwise, it's actually easier than the old Maths HL syllabus used to be. If you're up for it, do it. Nice credit points, and easier than the old course.