Computer science IA: will having a poor programme make me fail?

Tommaso

For the past 2 years I've been trying to complete my computer science IA based on very little support from my teacher. The class had never been taught how to code properly and more importantly how to make databases and make http requests. After lot's of struggle I have a quite poor Android Studio application that meets few success criteria of the client. I'm wondering If even with a detailed criterion B and planning stage I could get decent marks?

The teacher gave the impression that without a perfectly functioning and complex programme that we would fail so all of my efforts have been towards trying to make the application despite having practically 0 coding experience in applications. 

Any tips or feedback would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, Tommaso said:

For the past 2 years I've been trying to complete my computer science IA based on very little support from my teacher. The class had never been taught how to code properly and more importantly how to make databases and make http requests. After lot's of struggle I have a quite poor Android Studio application that meets few success criteria of the client. I'm wondering If even with a detailed criterion B and planning stage I could get decent marks?

The teacher gave the impression that without a perfectly functioning and complex programme that we would fail so all of my efforts have been towards trying to make the application despite having practically 0 coding experience in applications. 

Any tips or feedback would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

I don't think so. I have CS SL and I put in roughly the same amount of effort as the HL students for the IA. Though you need complexity in your IA, in terms of using three tools.

For example, in my IA I used:

- Web Dev

- Email

- CSV Database

Next, your documentation has to be perfect because practically, no examiner will have time to check and run your code but they might if your documentation isn't satisfactory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harshilgg said:

I don't think so. I have CS SL and I put in roughly the same amount of effort as the HL students for the IA. Though you need complexity in your IA, in terms of using three tools.

For example, in my IA I used:

- Web Dev

- Email

- CSV Database

Next, your documentation has to be perfect because practically, no examiner will have time to check and run your code but they might if your documentation isn't satisfactory.

Thank you!