Tips to improve grades

peachjelly

I am in grade 11 and have not received a single grade 7 for the entire year so far. I try really hard but the most I have gotten is a 6. Does anyone have some tips on how I can improve my grades? I study and try my best to stay on top of things, but there must be something that I could be doing better. Thanks.

Edited by peachjelly
spelling error

• 2 weeks later...

For me it's about doing a lot of exam questions. Most grade 11s suffer because they over-rely on textbooks and theoretical knowledge/teaching so they are not well versed with exams style questions and answers. But they tend to be able to catch up eventually when preparing for mocks or actual IB in the next year.

Can you share what subjects are you doing and the resources you are using?

On 3/14/2022 at 5:34 AM, DowntownAbbeyyyy said:

For me it's about doing a lot of exam questions. Most grade 11s suffer because they over-rely on textbooks and theoretical knowledge/teaching so they are not well versed with exams style questions and answers. But they tend to be able to catch up eventually when preparing for mocks or actual IB in the next year.

Can you share what subjects are you doing and the resources you are using?

Hi and thank you so much for answering my question. The classes which I take are: Lang. and Lit. HL, Visual Arts HL, Geo. HL, Bio Sl, Math Sl and Langauage A Sl.

When studying for Bio. and Geo. I always start off re-reading my notes from class and then I create new notes from them supplementing from the textbooks as well. Then I do practice questions but they often take a long for me so I end up not doing many.  Sometimes I watch lecture style videos on Youtube if I can find any good ones. For Bio. I also use BioNinja a lot.

For math I just do practice questions which my teacher provides. I also watch a bunch of tutorials on Youtube while doing them because I often forgot how to lol.

For the other classes I don´t really study much but that´s because I you cant really study for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Heyy,

I was going through something similar,

The trick with ib is that you need to practice sample questions.

For me if I am studying for an hour I would study the material for 20 mins and do questions based on the material for the next 40 mins.

Hope this helps :)

8 minutes ago, Ridhima said:

Heyy,

I was going through something similar,

The trick with ib is that you need to practice sample questions.

For me if I am studying for an hour I would study the material for 20 mins and do questions based on the material for the next 40 mins.

Hope this helps :)

Tysm! Will try focusing more on practice questions 😊