The idea I pitched to my teacher was something along the lines of "To what extent will GPU and CPU processing speeds have to be in order to create a gaming experience indistinguishable from reality?" I thought of researching VR, GPU and CPU power, clock speeds, etc. But I was told that doing this exploration would have no use. What does anyone else think?

I am thinking of doing something about cryptocurrency. "To what extent is cryptocurrency a more practical alternative to cash/credit?" I haven't asked my teacher yet, but I think it would lean more towards ITGS (since i'll be talking about effects on the environment and society as well), not too sure. 

What does anyone think of this? or can anyone suggest topics along the lines of these two areas (crypto/GPU & CPU power)? I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you!

snoopy

All my suggestions are based on what I have learnt and been taught:

1. Don't choose an EE topic that you already know the answer to before starting.

2. Your research question has to be able to solve the answer to an extent for the idea you pitch. What I mean is that you research question looks into how to improve both GPU and CPU to make them both better. 

3. Look at the research question as a TOK question you will have for a TOK presentation. At the end of the presentation you need to conclude to an extent.

4. "To what extent is cryptocurrency a more practical alternative to cash/credit?" has to be more specific practical in what? investments, day to day activities (I don't mean those specifically as I don't know that much on cryptocurrency but I hope you get the idea).

If you look into "To what extent is cryptocurrency a more practical alternative to cash/credit in terms of day to day activities?" you could looking into technological advancements in different counties globally for example where I am from technology is not advanced to the extent where one can even pay for groceries with apple wallet so cryptocurrency is out of the picture when looking at day to day activities etc.

I hope this help!

Good luck : )

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 5:34 PM, Athenaloveslemon said:

All my suggestions are based on what I have learnt and been taught:

1. Don't choose an EE topic that you already know the answer to before starting.

2. Your research question has to be able to solve the answer to an extent for the idea you pitch. What I mean is that you research question looks into how to improve both GPU and CPU to make them both better. 

3. Look at the research question as a TOK question you will have for a TOK presentation. At the end of the presentation you need to conclude to an extent.

4. "To what extent is cryptocurrency a more practical alternative to cash/credit?" has to be more specific practical in what? investments, day to day activities (I don't mean those specifically as I don't know that much on cryptocurrency but I hope you get the idea).

If you look into "To what extent is cryptocurrency a more practical alternative to cash/credit in terms of day to day activities?" you could looking into technological advancements in different counties globally for example where I am from technology is not advanced to the extent where one can even pay for groceries with apple wallet so cryptocurrency is out of the picture when looking at day to day activities etc.

I hope this help!

Good luck : )

thank you so much :)