Should I drop Ib visual arts?

Mariannal

Hi!

from the beginning of the year I've been taking Ib visual arts. Its the most interesting class and I really like it. However, its really time consuming and I found myself in situations that I dont have time to take care of myself and have time for other activities. The workload is so much. I really like doing it and the outcome is really good however I am not sure if the cost of taking this class is worth it. After these couple of months i understood that even though i love art and creating art myself, i dont like doing it under so much stress and deadlines, so now im not quite sure if i want to pursue it as a career. However, i am and always will be an artistic person. I just dont know if I should drop the class for my well being and take economics instead or just continue this really really difficult schedule even though i like the outcome? Im really challenged with what i should do. From the one side I really like being creative and and drawing on the process portfolio but on the other side I feel really tired as i spend hours and whole days doing it and i dont know if its worth that much or if im just torturing myself

Edited by Mariannal

• 2 months later...

Hi. I don´t think you should drop it. I take HL art too so I know the workload is heavy, however if you really enjoy it you I am sure you will be successful. Also, if you drop it you will have to take another class (If you are aiming for the full IB diploma) meaning that you will have to catch up for another class which would be really difficult and time consuming. Hope this helped 😊