Does anyone know about Australian universities?

mylifeisib

Hi, I may attend to the business degree as an international student at the university of sydney next year. (i study ib diploma in the uk btw) I saw many negative reviews about this university for some reason even though it's well known university in Australia. Some say the teaching quality is poor compared to ivy league unis or russell group unis, and others say it's too easy to get into there compared to those mentioned group unis and therefore it't not prestigious. Although the university ranking for business management at USYD is around 46 in the world. Here is the question; What's the position of the business management student at USYD in terms of the academic level? Also, what's your general view about this university? Is this university about as good as UCL or LSE or KCL... if you know? (those are the top unis in london.)

I wonder why you'd go to Australia when you can instead go to a university in the UK and avoid crazy living expenses. I may be going to USYD for a double degree in engineering and physics or ANU (Australian National University). In my opinion, if you want to go to USYD, by all means go. IMO the UK unis you've listed above seem more prestigious. But USYD is a good university; it's up to you. 

7 hours ago, MathEEmoment said:

I wonder why you'd go to Australia when you can instead go to a university in the UK and avoid crazy living expenses. I may be going to USYD for a double degree in engineering and physics or ANU (Australian National University). In my opinion, if you want to go to USYD, by all means go. IMO the UK unis you've listed above seem more prestigious. But USYD is a good university; it's up to you. 

I mean, I was aiming for those uk unis but because my predicted grade wasn't high enough i couldn't even apply to them. But then I realised that the application date is later than the uk one. I guess the uni application starts from March in Australia so i have a bit of time to improve its predicted grades. 

As you living Australia (i guess if not sorry), what's your opinion about this? the best option within my 5 uk uni choices would be soas. So compared to it, which one is better choice? (for me, living in london is still expensive)

Edited by mylifeisib

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, mylifeisib said:

I mean, I was aiming for those uk unis but because my predicted grade wasn't high enough i couldn't even apply to them. But then I realised that the application date is later than the uk one. I guess the uni application starts from March in Australia so i have a bit of time to improve its predicted grades. 

As you living Australia (i guess if not sorry), what's your opinion about this? the best option within my 5 uk uni choices would be soas. So compared to it, which one is better choice? (for me, living in london is still expensive)

Living in London is expensive, but accommodation in Australia isn't exactly cheap either, so be careful. Since you can't go to those UK unis I think you could try going to USyd or some other Australian uni. I know that tuition fees are, like the UK, cheap in Australia. You can attend some good universities, like University of Melbourne, Australian National University, etc. if you want. Universities like Uni Melbourne and ANU are particularly prestigious in Australia. 

Compared to SOAS, however, I think SOAS has more of an inclination towards social sciences and studies. This would be good for business management.