What to expect from my subject combination?

Hi all, I am a pre-IB student beginning the programme in 2022. I was just informed of the results of my school's subject selection exercise, and here is my combination:

HL Film

HL History

HL Literature in English

SL Biology

SL Malay

SL Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations

To those of you who have taken or are taking these subjects, what should I expect during the IB years? Any advice as to how I should approach them going into Year 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated :) 

hii, for math AI SL its not always accepted in to universities without doing separate tests proving you can do math depending on the major you are looking into ( this caused me a lot of stress when researching unis) but if youre going into something such as literature or a creative thing it shouldnt reallyyy be a problem. Just make sure to pay attention in math because there are not a ton of past papers since its a pretty new subject. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 5:09 AM, lknoop said:

hii, for math AI SL its not always accepted in to universities without doing separate tests proving you can do math depending on the major you are looking into ( this caused me a lot of stress when researching unis) but if youre going into something such as literature or a creative thing it shouldnt reallyyy be a problem. Just make sure to pay attention in math because there are not a ton of past papers since its a pretty new subject. 

I intend to apply for something in the humanities and social sciences range, so fingers crossed, I should be fine. Best of luck with your exams in May.