How to preprare for the LNAT?

chandssp

So I have my LNAT exam pretty soon and I am unable to figure out a way to study for it. I have solved the mock tests on the site but are there any other sources through which I can study? Also it would be great if anyone who has given the exam recently can give some tips on it.

So I've not done it recently (sat it in 2012) - but I got 30/42, which I think was the highest score in my college group at Oxford. And I was the only non-native speaker. 

LNAT is basically a reading comprehension test. So after I ran out of the sample test (there were so few of them it didn't take long to run out), I just did C2 level reading comprehension tests e.g. from the Cambridge CPE level - there are faaaar more resources available for those. So I think I took a book out of the library or found some online and got through as many as I could find time for. Basically, any advanced level reading comprehension will be your friend, as it's the same skills as LNAT. 

For the essay part, just keep a general essay structure, have clear arguments, one point per paragraph, and you'll be fine. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Gaby said:

So I've not done it recently (sat it in 2012) - but I got 30/42, which I think was the highest score in my college group at Oxford. And I was the only non-native speaker. 

LNAT is basically a reading comprehension test. So after I ran out of the sample test (there were so few of them it didn't take long to run out), I just did C2 level reading comprehension tests e.g. from the Cambridge CPE level - there are faaaar more resources available for those. So I think I took a book out of the library or found some online and got through as many as I could find time for. Basically, any advanced level reading comprehension will be your friend, as it's the same skills as LNAT. 

For the essay part, just keep a general essay structure, have clear arguments, one point per paragraph, and you'll be fine. 

Good luck!

Alright. Thank you so much