Structure/point needed to score high in English Lang & Lit?

Hi guys, its been two month since took IB DP. I've been doing good in all my classes except english. I am taking English A Lang&Lit SL and I've been doing horrible, we've did a paper 1 and a mini-IO where I got 4 and a 3 overall. Can someone tell the me overall purpose/points i'm suppose to make? The structure/points i've been using is.

Intro:

Title of work and by whom

What its about or what the extract about

Connect to question or global issue

Give answear and list points

Body 1 and 2:

Connect to thesis and point

Evidence

Analysis the literacy device and author intend impact on the audience

Overall meaning of the passage and how it connect to thesis

Conclusion:

Relate back to thesis and rename all points and their impacts on reader

Overall importance and take away

Am I suppose to analyse it literally or can I make it abstract like I was analysing a piece of art?

I've already done my english l/l sl  io last year and i got a 4 but then i did better in the final, so don't stress too much over your mark, teachers at schools tend to mark harshly too so the examiner would probably give you a higher mark anyways. for the analysis it would be better if you analyse it literally, even though you should already have at least a brief analysis of the texts since that is the teachers job. the most important thing though is the combination of texts you have, the 2 texts have to share the same global issue. time is very important too so make sure you speak about both the literary and non literary texts equally, 1.5 to 2 minutes is enough for the introduction + i'm not sure if you already have one but you should prepare a script of what you're going to say and perhaps memorize it since you can't bring it to the actual thing, this really helped me because i usually feel too anxious and forget what i was supposed to say, but make sure you don't make it too obvious that you've memorized it from a script. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1urWxu_mvBiTS6uh08w8j7luVcrSnfucA/view?usp=sharing

- this extract belongs to someone from my school who already graduated it scored really well so it would be good as an example

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ORcA6QhBHbl_fmZw_XEQ9XhZuBDZCdsW/view?usp=sharing 

- and this is an extract the IB uploaded on their site it scored very well too, the mark and explanation for it are attached below ( the 'lit_IA_comm_A_n' file) 

the rest of the files attached would be helpful as well especially the rubric, if you follow exactly would they say you would be fine.

i hope i helped even a little and good luck with your exams i'm sure you'll do great!!

NEW Rubric Individual Oral HL_SL Lang and Lit.docx IO Essay Plan.docx d_0_dpyyy_sup_2012_1o_e.pdf Lit_IA_comm_A_en.pdf

11 minutes ago, faten said:

I've already done my english l/l sl  io last year and i got a 4 but then i did better in the final, so don't stress too much over your mark, teachers at schools tend to mark harshly too so the examiner would probably give you a higher mark anyways. for the analysis it would be better if you analyse it literally, even though you should already have at least a brief analysis of the texts since that is the teachers job. the most important thing though is the combination of texts you have, the 2 texts have to share the same global issue. time is very important too so make sure you speak about both the literary and non literary texts equally, 1.5 to 2 minutes is enough for the introduction + i'm not sure if you already have one but you should prepare a script of what you're going to say and perhaps memorize it since you can't bring it to the actual thing, this really helped me because i usually feel too anxious and forget what i was supposed to say, but make sure you don't make it too obvious that you've memorized it from a script. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1urWxu_mvBiTS6uh08w8j7luVcrSnfucA/view?usp=sharing

- this extract belongs to someone from my school who already graduated it scored really well so it would be good as an example

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ORcA6QhBHbl_fmZw_XEQ9XhZuBDZCdsW/view?usp=sharing 

- and this is an extract the IB uploaded on their site it scored very well too, the mark and explanation for it are attached below ( the 'lit_IA_comm_A_n' file) 

the rest of the files attached would be helpful as well especially the rubric, if you follow exactly would they say you would be fine.

i hope i helped even a little and good luck with your exams i'm sure you'll do great!!

NEW Rubric Individual Oral HL_SL Lang and Lit.docx 36.8 kB · 0 downloads IO Essay Plan.docx 19.96 kB · 0 downloads d_0_dpyyy_sup_2012_1o_e.pdf 102.67 kB · 0 downloads Lit_IA_comm_A_en.pdf 32.07 kB · 0 downloads

+ if the links don't work please tell me

• 4 weeks later...