Word count of EE introduction

Lexellas

Hi everyone,

I currently have my English A (language and literature) EE introduction 520 words long. However, in the EE course companion, the recommended word count is maximum of 450 words for intro, so my supervisor wants me to delete some parts of it. But I have seen on the Internet that people had more than 600 words and it wasn't a big deal, however, it was years ago, so I'm not sure whether it holds today. Could anyone help please? Is it necessary to have the maximum of 450 words for EE introduction or is it ok to have more?

On 10/4/2021 at 11:20 AM, Lexellas said:

Hi everyone,

I currently have my English A (language and literature) EE introduction 520 words long. However, in the EE course companion, the recommended word count is maximum of 450 words for intro, so my supervisor wants me to delete some parts of it. But I have seen on the Internet that people had more than 600 words and it wasn't a big deal, however, it was years ago, so I'm not sure whether it holds today. Could anyone help please? Is it necessary to have the maximum of 450 words for EE introduction or is it ok to have more?

I think following what your supervisor recommends would be best since they know better, for the introduction 350 - 450 is word count in general and it shouldn't be anything more than that, same thing for the conclusion, check the resources on IB sites you'll find good ones on reddit too!