font size for IA

hk213

Hmm, as i was revising my lab, i was wondering if the font and the size mattered in Bio or Chem labs.

Well, my lab isn't in the standard font fomat known as "times new roman" but i'm sure there won't be any trouble to read.

I just got really scared because i thought i might get marks off for not being "formal"

I have never heard of an instance of marks being deducted because of font choice. As long as the font is legible and about size 12, it should be fine. I've gotten into the habit of writing everything in 12 pt Times New Roman because of my English teacher :rofl:

I doubt you'll lose marks but it's best not to piss off the examiner... he/she will be marking your IAs after all. :)

Font sizes 11-14 are appropriate. Any smaller and it's hard to read, any bigger and it looks childish. Times New Roman is not a must. Whatever font you like, as long as it's not Wingdings, doens't have curls or loops in it and doesn't look like it belongs in a Halloween catalogue is fine. Tahoma, Georgia, Lucida, Times New Roman, Calibri, Arial, Comic Sans MS, etc. You're trying to make the examiner's job easy and give off a good impression. Don't use font to "spice up" your essay. The effort won't be appreciated.

• 7 years later...

For my economics IA, we have to attach the article to it. But because the article was long and i could not fit it in two pages, i reduced the font to  10.5 instead of 11. Is that still okay? I only did that for the article but the IA itself was 12 font and double spaced.