Psychology EE- I've hit writer's block.

Zazaa

I'm doing my EE in psych, and i've hit writers block and i don't know if my RQ is too broad. Here's my RQ: 'Do socio-cognitive theories influence digital romantic practices on social media?' Plus my first draft deadline is in 9 days. HELP!

I didn't do an Psychology EE, but I had a few friends who did. I take HL Psychology though, so I'll give my 2 cents. 

I'm not sure what kind of psychology content you have covered at your school, but generally at my place our teacher recommends doing the 'easier' psychology EE topics: namely research into a specific disorder and the effect of one type/ a few types of treatments on that disorder. 

My friends both did the same topic: Effect of CBT/ SSRIs on Bipolar Disorder (or something like that)

About your RQ. I think that it is an okay RQ, but inside your essay you will have to restrict the scope. Like, you might need to define what digital romantic practices you are going to explore, what social media. Also maybe explore in-depth two (or three) socio-cognitive theories. You'll also need secondary data to support your arguments. 

I don't know much about digital romantic practises on social media, and the studies I do know in the sociocultural/ cognitive approach don't really discuss social media (except for the study about how social media improves empathy in the HL Cognitive Extension - Vossen and Valkenberg). 

I will say this though: research for the EE process takes ages, no matter which subject you choose. Writing up the EE takes even longer. 

9 days means that you have a weekend. If you spend those 2 whole days dedicated to only EE, your draft should be fine. (Approximately 20 hours maybe?)

36 minutes ago, NoBoundaries said:

I didn't do an Psychology EE, but I had a few friends who did. I take HL Psychology though, so I'll give my 2 cents. 

I'm not sure what kind of psychology content you have covered at your school, but generally at my place our teacher recommends doing the 'easier' psychology EE topics: namely research into a specific disorder and the effect of one type/ a few types of treatments on that disorder. 

My friends both did the same topic: Effect of CBT/ SSRIs on Bipolar Disorder (or something like that)

About your RQ. I think that it is an okay RQ, but inside your essay you will have to restrict the scope. Like, you might need to define what digital romantic practices you are going to explore, what social media. Also maybe explore in-depth two (or three) socio-cognitive theories. You'll also need secondary data to support your arguments. 

I don't know much about digital romantic practises on social media, and the studies I do know in the sociocultural/ cognitive approach don't really discuss social media (except for the study about how social media improves empathy in the HL Cognitive Extension - Vossen and Valkenberg). 

I will say this though: research for the EE process takes ages, no matter which subject you choose. Writing up the EE takes even longer. 

9 days means that you have a weekend. If you spend those 2 whole days dedicated to only EE, your draft should be fine. (Approximately 20 hours maybe?)

Thank you so much!