should i do hl chem or hl psych

plebrini

What are your other subjects? 

IF you do another HL in Biology (or any other intensive memorising subject like History) - DON'T TAKE HL PSYCHOLOGY. You will be having a very bad time, like I am. 

IF your other HL is in Maths - I recommend HL Chemistry (because if your maths is good, your chemistry should be great as well)

IF your other HL is in English - this means that you're great at analytical writing, and that you don't have much to memorise. Hence, then you should pick Psychology HL.

Honestly, the most memorisation subjects are most likely Biology HL, Psychology HL, and maybe History HL. These subjects you just have to memorise and write a lot of notes.

Subjects like Maths, Chemistry and Physics are more about practicing questions and understanding concepts. Not easy though. 

• Like 1

In addition, this often stressed enough: Check what the course you want to do at Uni requires! Some Psychology courses (for example) require Chem HL and Bio HL with IB Psych nowhere to be seen. I know the choice seems insignificant now, but you don't want to be in a position to not have taken the courses required for what you want to study. 

Edited by Jognsba
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, NoBoundaries said:

What are your other subjects? 

IF you do another HL in Biology (or any other intensive memorising subject like History) - DON'T TAKE HL PSYCHOLOGY. You will be having a very bad time, like I am. 

IF your other HL is in Maths - I recommend HL Chemistry (because if your maths is good, your chemistry should be great as well)

IF your other HL is in English - this means that you're great at analytical writing, and that you don't have much to memorise. Hence, then you should pick Psychology HL.

Honestly, the most memorisation subjects are most likely Biology HL, Psychology HL, and maybe History HL. These subjects you just have to memorise and write a lot of notes.

Subjects like Maths, Chemistry and Physics are more about practicing questions and understanding concepts. Not easy though. 

im doing hl dance english and analysis math but at sl so should i do psych or chem