art college/school

xyzblahblah

any seniors from the ib program that just got or have gotten into art schools/colleges before. can you give me tips as to what is important and what is not and which colleges/schools did u get into?

how good were your ecs and do u have any suggestions for extracurriculars?

and even those who took a gap year, is it useful?

i'm currently in dp1 so i'll be graduating in 2022.

I'm not at the applying stage yet, but from what my seniors and research have told me is that the most important thing is your portfolio. If your portfolio is not up to standard, you should demonstrate leadership or compassion (eg. volunteering), a mix of both is fine too, but more emphasis on the leadership like forming a club. 

• 6 months later...

Each educational institution has its own pros and cons. The main thing will be determined with the future profession. At the university, I took courses in programming at the same time. It was difficult to combine this with the main study. Therefore, I decided to go to the site https://studentshare.org/literature/1426394-what-corporate-america-cant-build-a-sentence and find out more about the examples of essays for students. Thanks to this knowledge, the learning process went easier.

Edited by JeffThorsen777