IB Predicted Grades

APPLE1

I heard somewhere that for IB predicted grades, in a school only one child is allowed to get a predicted 7 in a particular subject.

Is this true????

Coz this is so unfair. Like there are so many students in my class who deserve a 7, but since only one of us can get it, the other's grades will get messed up.

Yes, I have also heard of this being true. Part of it is because it is often rare for a student to get a perfect score of a 7, so teachers refrain from scoring students this high so the IB does not lower the marks of other students if their predicted student with a 7 was innacurate.

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 7:02 PM, APPLE1 said:

I heard somewhere that for IB predicted grades, in a school only one child is allowed to get a predicted 7 in a particular subject.

Is this true????

Coz this is so unfair. Like there are so many students in my class who deserve a 7, but since only one of us can get it, the other's grades will get messed up.

officially it is said that they will look at the historical data of the school and see how many 7s the school gives out as predicted, if there are too many, the ib will request additional proof