Help with History IA/EE

Fernao

So I already have lots of sources for my IA and I think I can start reading and actually doing the internal assessment already but I feel overwhelmed by the amount of information. And it's not even that much, I have like six or seven sources, one of them is super long but I guess I can find the most useful part, and the other ones are like 10-20 pages. I just don't know where to start, Reading all the sources and trying to find relevant information to my question seems so difficult, plus I haven't even decided my question. I know more or less how it will be, but my teacher said that it's easier to find a question after you have the information. I actually agree and think he's right but I feel a bit lost because I don't really know how to select information. Plus I've chosen History as my EE's subject which means after I'm done with the IA I'll have to do like a bigger IA xD.

So please what are your tips? Whatever advice you have, especially about selecting/organizing information but also choosing the question or writing or anything you want to say, it will be really appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

For the selecting part, something my teacher told me today was relate a topic back to yourself. By this, she meant to connect any aspect of a topic to your own life like family history for example. Even if it's a small aspect. Not only will this get you more interested in a topic, but it will help you start somewhere and start thoughtfully writing. Good luck!

16 hours ago, kkp150 said:

For the selecting part, something my teacher told me today was relate a topic back to yourself. By this, she meant to connect any aspect of a topic to your own life like family history for example. Even if it's a small aspect. Not only will this get you more interested in a topic, but it will help you start somewhere and start thoughtfully writing. Good luck!

Thanks for answering!