Business and Mangement HL or Psychology HL

mejiwoo

Hi,

I want to enter medical school but in my IGCSE course I improve my grades on Business a lot so I can’t choose between B&M and Psychology HL

So here are my options:

HL

-Biology

-Chemistry 

-Business and Management/Psychology

SL 

-English Lang&Lit 

-Thai Lang&Lit 

-Math AA

As you can see I still haven’t decide whether choosing Business or Psychology.

So can you please help me out. Thanks!

Kind Regards, 

Edited by mejiwoo

hello, 

our subjects are kind of similar, i also want to get into med school and these are my choices 

HL: 

English Language & Literature 

Biology 

Chemistry 

SL:

Psychology 

Arabic 

Math AA 

heres why i chose psychology, since i also was trying to decide between psych and business & management, perhaps that would in a way help you out? 

for the field of medicine i am going to, business isn't really crucial, business is (as you know) all about accountancy, finance, marketing, organizational studies and operations, and as it might be interesting, you should think about what is important to you and what your uni wants, psychology is a science and the skills you acquire, you will most definitely use when practicing medicine. I'm not saying that B&M doesn't correlate to medicine, because it does at times, it just what you want to study and what you are able to achieve and the skills you acquire for the long term.

At the end of the day it is your choice, and you also have to keep in mind if you are able to score well in the subjects you choose.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2021 at 11:23 AM, mejiwoo said:

Hi,

I want to enter medical school but in my IGCSE course I improve my grades on Business a lot so I can’t choose between B&M and Psychology HL

So here are my options:

HL

-Biology

-Chemistry 

-Business and Management/Psychology

SL 

-English Lang&Lit 

-Thai Lang&Lit 

-Math AA

As you can see I still haven’t decide whether choosing Business or Psychology.

So can you please help me out. Thanks!

Kind Regards, 

Personally, I think you should do business, the content overall is just easier to get everything together than psych, all the psych kids at my school are constantly stressing about it, but everyone in business is just chilling with it.