EE geography One Child Policy

Hi, I want to do my Extended Essay in geography, but I am not sure If my idea is good enough.

The topic I most liked to study until now was the anti and pro-natalist policies, especially the One Child Policy in China.

My idea was to write about how did this policy change the sex ratios and what are the consequences of this change.

I know it is still too abstract, but I want to know if this idea makes sense and maybe hear some opinions.

Thank you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm to be honest  as a chinese "good" male citizen i think that your going the wrong direction you see the chinese government dont care about the the sex ratio stuff ok (and one child policy is only one of the reson the affected the sex ratio) ... so like all they care is money before the one child policy

Government during one child policy: We will takcare of the senior citizens 

Government after One Child Policy : It is the resposibility of the children to takecare if their parents.

my opinion : change a variable cause nobody in the chinese government care abt sex ratios even if they do the most of the citizens will still a a boy : )

good luck !   

On 3/14/2021 at 6:16 AM, flavia_pojda said:

Hi, I want to do my Extended Essay in geography, but I am not sure If my idea is good enough.

The topic I most liked to study until now was the anti and pro-natalist policies, especially the One Child Policy in China.

My idea was to write about how did this policy change the sex ratios and what are the consequences of this change.

I know it is still too abstract, but I want to know if this idea makes sense and maybe hear some opinions.

Thank you!!!