Evaluation of Perspectives

Hey everyone!

This past summer I had to move to a new school due to the effects that COVID-19 had on my family, and I am trying to complete all of my requirements completely virtual with new teachers. I recently submitted my HOTA IA rough draft for review and on Part B I was scored a 6/15 due to not having an evaluation of perspectives. My topic focuses on how the progressive movements helped the women's suffrage movement so I used the anti-suffragist movement as a differing perspective. Can someone with an understanding of the IA please explain what this part of the rubric is looking for, and if so, how I could potentially improve to gain some more points? Thanks! :)

Edited by Sadie530
mispelling
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:02 AM, Sadie530 said:

Hey everyone!

This past summer I had to move to a new school due to the effects that COVID-19 had on my family, and I am trying to complete all of my requirements completely virtual with new teachers. I recently submitted my HOTA IA rough draft for review and on Part B I was scored a 6/15 due to not having an evaluation of perspectives. My topic focuses on how the progressive movements helped the women's suffrage movement so I used the anti-suffragist movement as a differing perspective. Can someone with an understanding of the IA please explain what this part of the rubric is looking for, and if so, how I could potentially improve to gain some more points? Thanks! :)

Hi ! I have just finished my IA, and I can give use some advice (my teacher predicts me 23/25)

So, in the first part of the IA you will need to do exactly what you have practiced in Paper 1 : évaluation of values and limitations of the 2 main sources (you can use more in the investigation, but 2 main sources and only 2 should appear in the first part) with reference to their origin, purpose and content. Be critical, choose sources from different countries with different view of the problem you are investigating, or sources of different time periods.
Then, in the body I would recommend using sources critically, maybe contrasting the opinion of 2 historians on the same matter and analyzing it.

The third part is the reflection, you just write what you have learned during your investigation and how this gave you an insight into the actual historians’ work. 
Hope this helps! :)

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! 

On 2/26/2021 at 12:18 PM, White_Chrysantem said:

Hi ! I have just finished my IA, and I can give use some advice (my teacher predicts me 23/25)

So, in the first part of the IA you will need to do exactly what you have practiced in Paper 1 : évaluation of values and limitations of the 2 main sources (you can use more in the investigation, but 2 main sources and only 2 should appear in the first part) with reference to their origin, purpose and content. Be critical, choose sources from different countries with different view of the problem you are investigating, or sources of different time periods.
Then, in the body I would recommend using sources critically, maybe contrasting the opinion of 2 historians on the same matter and analyzing it.

The third part is the reflection, you just write what you have learned during your investigation and how this gave you an insight into the actual historians’ work. 
Hope this helps! :)

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask! 

Wow! Thank you so much for your help, you really helped give clarification on many of the parts I was confused on. I am currently going back and re-writing a lot of my paper with your suggestions so thank you, all of your help is much appreciated on my end!!!! XD

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sadie530 said:

Wow! Thank you so much for your help, you really helped give clarification on many of the parts I was confused on. I am currently going back and re-writing a lot of my paper with your suggestions so thank you, all of your help is much appreciated on my end!!!! XD

I am really grateful il I could help! :) Don’t hesitate to ask if you will come up with some questions while you’re re-writing it and be prepared to alter your first full draft a lot (at least, that’s what I did 😂

Wishing you good luck with your IA! :)