Do I choose Biology Higher level or Physics Higher Level

Enny_oy

Hello. I am an international student and I want to do Biomedical engineering as my premed. Right now I am in full IB (international baccalaureate) and I do Chem HL, Biology HL and Math HL. Do I need to take Physics Hl? We aren’t allowed to do 3 sciences. I did Physics in IGCSE and I got an A*. Would it be wise to switch to Physics HL because I feel I would need knowledge in Biology for my mCat. 

I also take Biology and Chemistry HL and I feel that pain; but my advice is not to take Physics HL! Biology and Chemistry will likely earn you enough credits for college and will be more useful than physics. Focus on them and don’t worry about physics at the university- if you are applying to the US, taking physics won’t help as much as getting a higher score will. Plus, remember that 3 group 4 subjects =3 different experiments for ia.
If you’re applying for pre-med and later to MD program, bear in mind that  only few international students are accepted each year, unless they have/get permanent residency or citizenship.

Best of luck

Edited by kopytekstefana