internal assessment - Language B HL

Hi,

I am not sure if this is what you asked, but I will try.

So we were supposed to read at least 2 literary texts during the 2 year program, right? Your teacher is going to decide which book he/she is going to use for the exam. Of course she/he will choose the one she/he knows students are more confident with.

Now, if you mean to ask your teacher to show you ahead of time which extracts they are going to use for YOUR exam, that's a no no. They and the school may lose the IB licence or whatever is called.

My teacher is making us practice with some extracts and has emphasized those are NOT going to be in the real exam.

10 hours ago, Vikinga said:

Hi,

I am not sure if this is what you asked, but I will try.

So we were supposed to read at least 2 literary texts during the 2 year program, right? Your teacher is going to decide which book he/she is going to use for the exam. Of course she/he will choose the one she/he knows students are more confident with.

Now, if you mean to ask your teacher to show you ahead of time which extracts they are going to use for YOUR exam, that's a no no. They and the school may lose the IB licence or whatever is called.

My teacher is making us practice with some extracts and has emphasized those are NOT going to be in the real exam.

No, no of course that's not what I meant hahah

I'll try to explain what I mean, the thing is we read 2 books - The Great Gatsby and Flowers for Algernon. I personally feel much better prepared for The Great Gatsby and I would much more prefer to be given 2 extracts from The Great Gatsby (since I will probably nethertheless choose the one from The Great Gatsby over the one from Flowers for Algernon and this way I would have 2 to choose from, otherwise I just have to take the one since there would be only one from The Great Gatsby. And so initially, as stated in the guide, we were to be given 1 from one text we studied and 1 from the other - so in my case it would be one from The Great Gatsby and one from Flowers for Algernon. BUT due to the pandemic in the subject changes that was published by the IBO, it's stated that, as I said in my previous post, teachers may share two extracts from the same literary text with students

So my question was IF it's the teacher who chooses to give us either of those options:

1. two extracts from The Great Gatsby

2. two extracts from Flowers for Algernon

3. one extract from one, one from the other

OR if we can choose which of the above options we want. I don't mean which extracts, but e.g. that I want both of my extracts to be from The Great Gatsby (so option number 1). That was my queston if we can choose that ;)

So what do you (or anyone else) think about this?