Urgent Help/Advice

R33

I just received my ib predicted grades and I got a 22 predicted ( i was aiming for a 38 lol). Yikes I know very bad and i know I could be a hopeless case. But I've always gotten high grades and good test scores but covid-19 ruined everything for me which led me to do a little bad by the end of grade 11 and beginning of grade 12. But I then worked really hard and did well by the end of semester 1 in year 12. But I have a big problem. I got predicted a 22 which is a fail and I don't know what to do because I really wanted to apply to university in the United Kingdom (anywhere I don't care). UK looks at the predicted grades in order to give an offer. I cannot drop ib because I don't have that option. I know I can pass the ib official exams  but I'm predicted to fail. What do I do? Can I ask to get re-predicted? Is it impossible to apply now since I'm predicted to fail? Someone give me advice because I feel like such a failure when I truly tried my best.

I don't think you can get a re-predict and it al depends on which university in UK and what degree you are looking for. There are many universities in UK where they first see the IB grade. If the final IB score is higher and it gets a good grade than it would be alright. First question you should ask is What do you wanna study?

5 hours ago, YSJ said:

I don't think you can get a re-predict and it al depends on which university in UK and what degree you are looking for. There are many universities in UK where they first see the IB grade. If the final IB score is higher and it gets a good grade than it would be alright. First question you should ask is What do you wanna study?

Hello, thank you for replying. I have no preference of which university at all  to go to but I am thinking of studying psychology.  I know that I will get higher in the final exams. Do you know any universities in london maybe that could accept me with a failed predicted ? 

14 hours ago, R33 said:

I just received my ib predicted grades and I got a 22 predicted ( i was aiming for a 38 lol). Yikes I know very bad and i know I could be a hopeless case. But I've always gotten high grades and good test scores but covid-19 ruined everything for me which led me to do a little bad by the end of grade 11 and beginning of grade 12. But I then worked really hard and did well by the end of semester 1 in year 12. But I have a big problem. I got predicted a 22 which is a fail and I don't know what to do because I really wanted to apply to university in the United Kingdom (anywhere I don't care). UK looks at the predicted grades in order to give an offer. I cannot drop ib because I don't have that option. I know I can pass the ib official exams  but I'm predicted to fail. What do I do? Can I ask to get re-predicted? Is it impossible to apply now since I'm predicted to fail? Someone give me advice because I feel like such a failure when I truly tried my best.

I would definitely ask all of your teachers or ask your school counselor if you can get another set of predicted scores, it's worth asking even if they can't.

I think there are definitely some universities in the UK that would consider you but not like the big ones in the top 20. You need to check the requirements of the courses you are applying to. If the requirements do not specify a certain overall grade, then great.

Fingers crossed for you! Hope it all works out okay.