Is ESS really underrated or is it really not worth doing ESS?

YSJ

Hi, so I'm taking ESS and personally I absolutely love it. It is one of my favourite courses and I am looking at university courses that go into environmental issues as well as economic issues. 

However, many universities (especially if you plan on going to the USA) do not count it as a 'lab science'. Lab sciences include Biology, Chemistry, Physics etc. So depending on what you want to do, you may run into a few issues. If you want to do something geography/environmental based in uni and your school does not offer geography (like mine), I would suggest considering ESS. It's a risky choice and the course requires a lot of time and effort for a SL course but in my opinion it is very relevant and will give you a great basic understanding of the world around you.

Hope that helps a little. :) 

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, YSJ said:

Our school is alllowing us to do ESS and some people said that ESS is really useless because it confuses the university for being too broad, Is it true?

Personally i hate ESS it is stupid and I have not learned anything new. It could be because of my teacher though. 

Yeah it's not for everyone. I would actually ask people in your school who are in that class. It really depends if it is a good teacher or not. If you want to watch some YouTube videos to see what the class is like, check out my teacher's channel.

Her channel is Megan McLain and her profile photo is a picture of a dog. If you go to playlists on her channel, she has a playlist for ESS.